Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Saturday, July 31, 2010

Copyrights and such... News

Small bit of news...

Remember waayy back in early June when I sent out emails and letters to a few song publishers looking for permission to quote lyrics in my book? To refresh your memory, I got directed to a web page with information on purchasing licensing agreement from one song publisher, and an email asking a few questions about my book from another. It's been so long that I didn't think I'd ever hear anything more from anybody without some prodding, but yesterday I heard from the one who'd asked me the book questions. The email simply said:

"You have permission from the publisher to do this."

Cool!! At least, to me it is. (So official and professional!)

Another thing I've done is to join the Christian Writers' Guild. I was waiting on spending the money but I took the plunge! I'm psyched! Now about that conference....

I've also been reading up on others' blogs and getting inspired by their stories. Seeing others on their way helps keep me going. It could happen for me, but I gotta keep working, keep writing, keep seeking God. I crave your prayers!

That's all for now; I promised to keep you up to speed on ANYTHING that happens regarding my journey so I wanted to share that little bit of information with you all right away. Thank you for your encouragement and support. It means the world to me!

1 comment:

jjdebenedictis said...

Hi!

Do you remember entering the Ten Little Piggies contest on my blog? You got three votes, and I never did manage to give away very many of the prize packs. Would you like one?

If so, please pop by my blog, choose which prize pack you'd like, and then email your choice and a mailing address to me at jen_deben "at" yahoo "dot" ca

Congratulations on your rather late contest win! :D