Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Friday, April 15, 2011

Mr. Peabody?

AWESOME! This was so much fun! OK, here's the final version:
*

 
Chester Peabody was rolling over in his grave. Literally. It had taken Rogue Thompson all night to find the right grave. It had been a damp night where the chill soaked deep into the bones, yet Rogue continued to weave his way through the gravestones, intent on finding one name.


"Found It!" he whispered to himself while clutching his dying, dimming flashlight. "Now what?" he asked aloud. He hadn't actually expected to find what he was after.


"Well obviously, we have to dig him up," his companion scoffed.


"I didn't really bring my 'digging up dead body tools' with me," Rogue shot back.


"What did you plan to do--sit around and wait for Mrs. Peabody to show up and do your job? There's only one way to find out who's really in there and you know it."


Rogue dug through his pockets before pulling out a utensil.  "A spork will take too long. Go find the backhoe and hot wire it."


*

written by:
Michelle Massaro
Jessica Patch
Jerri Harrington
Claudia Rizzi
Brooke Busse
Carol Moncado

Thanks for playing!

7 comments:

Carol Moncado said...

Can I just keep giggling at the spork?

Brooke R. Busse said...

My comment seemed to spark more inspiration. XD

April Gardner said...

I'm so sad I missed this!! What a lot of fun. Next time you do it, give me a shout. It turned out great! Good job.

Michelle Massaro said...

lol, yes-I'm still giggling too! Brooke, your comment definitely sparked some inspiration and creativity! April, I'm sorry I waited so long to send you a holler. I definitely doing this again though. =)

Jessica R. Patch said...

It was the start to a great novel! LOL We should all pat ourselves on the back. ;)

Michelle Massaro said...

*pat pat*

Joanne Sher said...

hehehe