Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Monday, November 1, 2010

Fun and Games: Chill-axin'

On the heels of my "weather" post, I have to point all of you over to Clash of the Titles this week to read and vote on two excerpts featuring descriptions of Nature/Weather.  A good word-picture can transport you into the skin of a character and imagining their surroundings can do just that.  So I hope you will participate in the voting and have fun.  Good luck in the drawing!

I hope you all had a fun evening last night.  Trevor was a hit around the neighborhood in his "doctor" costume.  I'll be posting photos on facebook so be sure to check there later (feel free to friend me!)  He quickly got the hang of going up to the doors and reaching into bowls of candy.  Of course he tried to immediately stuff it in his mouth- wrapper and all- but there were no meltdowns when mommy quickly placed it in his bag instead.  He loved waving "bye" to each and every neighbor and could often be heard repeating the phrase till he was halfway to the next house.  My heart was bursting at the cuteness! The other kids had a great time as well. Brandon dressed up as Finn from Adventure Time (google it if you want- you probably haven't heard of it), Kaitlyn was Toadette from the Mario franchise (in an AMAZING costume made by my mother in law!), and Amy was Princess Daisy- also from the Mario franchise, and wearing a loaned dress which I pinned up with orange accents- not easy!

Today I let the girls sleep in, and at 11:24 a.m. I am still in my pj's!  Hey, don't judge me! lol  Trevor is napping and I enjoyed a couple episodes of Family Ties.  Sometimes ya just gotta unwind.  I'm sort of itching for a second cup of joe but since I'm trying to cut back my colorie intake (and I love my coconut creamer), I'm not sure it's a good idea. Today is dedicated to chillin out. I'm going to strictly enforce it on myself!  With all the holidays, birthdays, church events coming up over the next two months I need to have a day like today to gear up.

Trying to keep my mind off of the OFN contest.

Blessings to you!

2 comments:

Brooke R. Busse said...

You're one of the few, everyone else is scrambling for the first day of NaNo. ^^

Michelle Massaro said...

You're right, Brooke! I started plotting out my scenes a bit today but have not made the commitment, mentally, to try and do the 50K this month. But thanks for the reminder! =)