Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Monday, June 17, 2013

A Bride For All Seasons

 A Bride for All Seasons is a group of four novellas. Each centers around a "hiccup" that occurs with a mail-order bride company, due to the owner's habit of "editing" the correspondence between potential partners.


Historical romance isn't my meat and potatoes when it comes to  fiction, but there's always room for...you guessed it. The fun and often poignant stories in this book served my literary taste buds with some sweet, refreshing cherry jello topped with whipped cream. (Substitute your favorite ice cream if you aren't a jello person.) What more can you ask for in a summer read?

Surprisingly, the character development in this book was quite strong despite the lower word-count and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself caring for the people in the town and hoping for their wedding days to arrive. Along the way there were spiritual lessons tucked between the pages as well, like trusting in Providence rather than luck, and seeing the heart of a person instead of their outward appearance.

AND...each novella was penned by a different author, giving each story a unique flavor and a chance for the reader to test-taste a sample from the four talented writers: Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy, and Robin Lee Hatcher. So if you're in the market for some summer reads, check this one out!

*I was priveleged to receive an advanced copy of A Bride for All Seasons from the publisher. The opinions stated here are my own. :-)


No comments: