Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Friday, July 1, 2011

Fiction Friday: Where do you read?

Happy Friday! I've been getting more reading time in this week and it makes me curious about everyone else's reading habits. What's on your nightstand/Kindle right now? Do you find you have more time to read now that the season has changed?

Today, I took the girls to the pool. Sadly, I couldn't go in because of my cast. But happily, I had a book to read! I am 87% through with Thicker Than Blood. (It's calling my name right now, actually. I left poor Christy in a tough spot.) Anyway, after a short stint on the lounge chair, I sat in the shade for the most part, but my feet and legs stuck out in the sun a bit too much. I'm a little red, but not too bad. I love it. Getting out in the sun is both draining and energizing. It's one of my favorite places to read this time of year . My patio, the pool, it doesn't matter. I just love the warm vitamin D soaking into my shoulders. (And that's kinda funny because I am NOT an outdoor person most of the time.)

Where do you like to read in the summer time? And what is your current book?

4 comments:

Jessica R. Patch said...

I can read anywhere. Lately it's been poolside. Sometimes it's too hot to read outside. I choose my comfy couch when no body of water is available! I just finished Wounded Spirits by April Gardner. It was a great read! I have a few crits to get done before I can jump into another book, but it won't be long!

Joanne Sher said...

My favorite PLACE to read is on the front porch - but I don't get out there as much as I'd like. And I am finding it hard to find time to read much this summer (but I need to work on getting things worked out so I CAN - cuz I miss it). I just finished the INCREDIBLE Jewel of Persia by Roseanna White. Have JUST started Fools Rush in by Janice Thompson.

Anonymous said...

I read inside my bedroom, because it's the only place quiet enough where I can! Ocasionally the kitchen table if a book is good enough that it competes with my rumbling stomach. ;)

Currently I'm reading Liz Curtis Higgs' Bad Girls of the Bible for the first time (loving it!), and Disaster Status, by Candace Calvert. It's my first time reading her, and I think I'm liking her so far!

-Lizzie

Michelle Massaro said...

Jess, poolside is nice this time of year, isn't it? And I love April's work!

Joanne, I love to sit on my back patio sometimes. And I've been looking forward to reading Roseaana for awhile now. Hopefully soon!

Lizzie, Bad Girls is another on my TBR list. I'll check out Candace Calvert too. =)