Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Sunday, July 11, 2010

Poem of the Day

THE WAR WITHIN

I'm here again
Face to face with doubt
Struggling to keep my sanity
Looking for a way out

Depression creeps in
Like cobwebs in the heart
Wanting joy but finding pain
Not knowing where to start

I've tried so many times before
To give it all to You
But time and time again I find
It's easier to say than do

Please take it all God,
Take all my pain
And bring the Son
To shine away the rain

These hands are weak
And too quick to hold sin
My spirit surrenders
But not the flesh within

In my mind confusion dwells-
A war within my soul
Flesh against my spirit fights
Who will win control?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your poems!

Michelle Massaro said...

Thank you Dana!

I must admit that the 3rd and 4th stanzas have always sort of felt blah to me. I've never gone back and re-edited my poetry from years ago but maybe I should. I always felt it was sort of sacred- a snapshot in time of the person I was when I wrote it. But I have very few poems I'm willing to share because I find them lacking. Thanks for the encouragement; I'm glad you liked this one. =)