Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Saturday, September 11, 2010

My God, the Artist

    






                        by Yaweh, circa 0000

 


I'm sitting drinking my pumpkin spice in the quiet of the morning and watching my guppies dart about in their tank. There appears to be some brand new additions-- welcome to the world! I wonder what they'll look like when they get their color? Right now I have several yellow snake-skin guppies, an 'albino' female, and a flaming orange/black male. So bright, so colorful, so artistic! The Lord must have so much fun! He must so delight in His handiwork. Could you imagine the drab world we'd live in if every fish looked the same; every human bore the same fingerprints, skin, or eye color; if the leaves didn't change color, or the stars didn't shine in patterns? If Mars wasn't red or the rocks never held a streak of gold? Creativity overflows from the heart of God!   

Don't ever feel that your expression of creativity- gardening, painting, decorating, or yes- writing, is a poor use of your time. It is not the lesser way to spend your energy. Look how much energy God spends on his creations. He does not deem it wasteful; He called it very good- and then sent His son to redeem that creation when it became stained with sin.

So the next time someone, in some subtle way, makes you feel frivolous about wasting time on creative pursuits when there are souls to be saved... look around you! Then use your gifts for His glory and take joy in the pastime of creativity that you share with your Maker...


No comments: