Welcome!

Follow my journey toward publication. Laugh, cry, point and stare-- it's all good. I'll leave a trail so that you, my fellow author, may have a straighter path to finding your own elusive publishing contract. Adventure awaits. Let's travel together...



Saturday, August 7, 2010

Poem of the Day!!

TRUSTING GORTON


In his yellow raincoat
And wet floppy hat
A fisherman's man
A good one at that

He casts out his nets
And pulls them in quick
Amassing the fish
And making them sticks

A savior to those
Who don't have the zeal
To spend a whole hour
Preparing a meal

So into the oven
350 degrees
Slide onto the sheet
With fishsticky ease

Yes Gorton, you've done it
For this you can gloat
Our lives are much better
With you on that boat
***

by Mike Massaro circa 2003

If this made you smile, or if you can relate, leave a comment for Mike. Enjoy your weekend! =)

3 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

LOL!!!

Katie Ganshert said...

Totally made me smile! Good job, Mike!

Michelle - Hope those revisions are going wonderfully and hope you do awesome in the Opreation First Novel contest!

Michelle Massaro said...

Thanks for stopping by Terri and Katie!

@Katie- revisions are slow going but I'm determined to get them done. And thank you for the well-wishes on the contest! I'm very excited, even though I waffle between days of feeling confident I'll do well and days of feeling I'll be the first one cut. It's in God's hands though, this story of mine. Ultimately what happens with it will be up to Him. ("Just keep doing your best, and pray that it's blessed, and Jesus takes care of the rest". Keith Green anyone?)

Thanks again! =)